Thursday, November 3, 2011

Organizing my Life

I feel like things still haven't slowed down since we moved, but when I think about it, they really have. I just haven't learned how to use my unscheduled time very well. The days have rushed by and now it's November, but I still don't have a lot to say for my organization skills. The house is a constant project and that's just so I can walk around without stubbing my toe on some thing-a-ma-jig lying on the floor. I still find myself popping to the store at least twice a week for that milk I forgot to buy, or that butter we're all out of. And if I'm not at the store, I'm apologizing to Nathan for the lack of anything green with dinner because I forgot to go to the store. I am light-years behind in writing thank-you notes (not to mention some actual letters!), so my relatives are beginning to wonder if I'm still alive. I haven't branched out a whole lot and actually planned things with anyone either, so I really don't know where my days have gone, and that's a little scary. When I realized what an unorganized mess I had made out of the new Snider household, I decided to dedicate my November to organizing my life. So on the first of November to-do lists came out, projects started to get done, and exercise videos began rolling. We'll see how long I can keep this up. Yeeeeah.

This week I made a Thanksgiving banner to hang above our fireplace to remind me to be thankful for everything God has given me (even if He didn't give me natural organization skills!), and to add a bit more Harvest decor to the apartment. Pinterest strikes again.





And I also finally got my pantry into shape. I was getting tired of onions falling off the shelves onto my head, so I carved out a chunk of time, and cleeeaaaned her out.




Heh. Now I'll have to see if some thank you notes get done tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog, Julie! So fun. I love your place.

    -Kara

    ReplyDelete