Friday, February 28, 2014

Weeks 8/52 and 9/52

I was in Seattle last week visiting family and missed out on blogging, so there will be two pictures in this post because I am a week behind. :)


Week 8/52 Seattle-Bound

Rosalie and I took a spontaneous trip to Seattle last week to visit some of Nathan's family, and although the trip (both directions) was more difficult than we had anticipated, we still had a blast while we were there! Rosalie and I bused up from Moscow (Nathan drove up to meet us later) on Thursday morning, and encountered a number of snags along the way, getting us to Seattle a bit behind schedule. Rosalie was amazing! She had a fever during the bus ride, but was still cheerful and sweet almost the entire time despite her discomfort. Kinda crazy how a child this small can still be an example to her mom, but our little Bug sure is. I am definitely a cranky sickie, and she's my inspiration ;)


Week 9/52 Pack-n-Play Antics

I was going through a difficult time a few weeks back when Rosalie was being extremely clingy whenever I was in the room. As long as I was in a different room, she was fine. I could even be in the same room cleaning or cooking. But if I wanted to work on anything quietly, like knitting or reading, or if I needed to go to the basement (where I couldn't keep an eye on her) to do laundry, etc, she would want to be held. My mom mentioned using the pack-n-play for the "play" it was intended for, rather than just for sleeping. I dubiously tried her suggestion, expecting Rosalie to think it was nap time and start crying. But instead, she adored it! Now, she begs to be put in her playpen, and will spend hours squealing and whacking things together. I'm more productive and she's learning how to entertain herself. It makes me so happy. I love her.




No comments:

Post a Comment